What's new
Nucleus Boards

Hello Guest! Welcome to Nucleus. Right now, you are not logged in or registered with us. If you sign up to our site you gain access to lots of awesome features and become a part of an awesome & growing community. Why not sign up today?

Kidney stones

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O.
Administrator
Has anyone ever had a kidney stone before? They ain't fun. I had one for the past few months and just got it taken care of today. They blasted it into oblivion. I'm now home recovering at the moment but I feel a LOT better than I was feeling for the past few months. :cool:

Jayson

I had them a couple of times.  Anyway, it's got to be the worst imaginable!  Should they use it to punish crime?

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O.
Administrator
Feeling better yes, but there are still fragments of the stones still left behind, I have to pass those, they aren't causing me any issues right now but if I don't pass them in a few weeks they gotta go in and take care of em.....hoping to avoid that though.

@Jayson,  yes they are rather annoying. :p

Jayson

Smokey said:
Feeling better yes, but there are still fragments of the stones still left behind, I have to pass those, they aren't causing me any issues right now but if I don't pass them in a few weeks they gotta go in and take care of em.....hoping to avoid that though.

@Jayson,  yes they are rather annoying. :p
They only existed because of my Mountain Dew drinking and lack of balancing it with water.  Or it could have been that I drunk too many of them!  Anyway, I drink some Mountain Dew now, sometimes 1 large one a day, but it does nothing.

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O.
Administrator
Yeah i'm not drinking Mountain Dew anymore....once I get this sorted (whenever that may be) I'm making changes as to what I eat and drink.

Kyng

Glad to hear you got it taken care of :)

I really hope this is something I never have to go through myself, because it doesn't sound fun at all :( ...

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O.
Administrator
Well it's partially taken care of. :p I still have the stones, but they're smaller and stuck to my urethera lining, so i'm trying to get them to pass. I'm in the process of going for scans and xrays and then I gotta meet up with my Urologist to see what he wants to do in terms of dealing with them. I have my good days where I have no pain at all and some bad days where I'm in immense pain.

queenzelda

Drink some water with lemon in it, a nurse my mom talked to said drinking more water with a bit of lemon would help break up smaller stones.

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O.
Administrator
Yeah that's what i've been doing. been drinking a ton of water. I'm going to the urologist in a little while so I'm hoping he has a solution that'll work and be able to tell me where the stones are currently (If they've moved, etc)

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O.
Administrator
Well they're gonna have to go in and take care of it. Waiting to hear when they'll be doing the procedure.