What's new
Nucleus Boards

Hello Guest! Welcome to Nucleus. Right now, you are not logged in or registered with us. If you sign up to our site you gain access to lots of awesome features and become a part of an awesome & growing community. Why not sign up today?

phpBB

Joined
Oct 10, 2018
Messages
16
Age
32
#1
Does anyone here still use phpBB? I've been out of the forum world for years and recently checked out phpBB.com. I saw that they were no longer offering official support for the software, plugins, etc. and weren't accepting any submissions for plugins or anything because they were no longer going to be updating the software.
That was just sad to hear but it was definitely time. Forums are dying and everyone is either using MyBB or XenForo. phpBB was getting crushed.
Still, very sad to see them go. phpBB was the first forum software that I used and learned like the back of my hand. It'll be missed.
 

Megan

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 19, 2018
Messages
97
Age
33
Gender
Female
#2
Does anyone here still use phpBB? I've been out of the forum world for years and recently checked out phpBB.com. I saw that they were no longer offering official support for the software, plugins, etc. and weren't accepting any submissions for plugins or anything because they were no longer going to be updating the software.
That was just sad to hear but it was definitely time. Forums are dying and everyone is either using MyBB or XenForo. phpBB was getting crushed.
Still, very sad to see them go. phpBB was the first forum software that I used and learned like the back of my hand. It'll be missed.
Er? Where did you see that? They're still updating and update plugins and stuff. They only ended support for 3.1. They offer it for 3.2.

But yeah, I still use it and have been for years.
 

Kyng

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 26, 2018
Messages
144
Age
28
#3
Yeah, plenty of people are still using phpBB. Indeed, Tapacrap is just a crippled phpBB (with 90% of the features removed, and the other 10% being sold at extortionate prices).

But, other than my ZB forums that got converted to Tapacrap, I have basically no experience of running a phpBB board.
 

Megan

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 19, 2018
Messages
97
Age
33
Gender
Female
#4
Yeah, plenty of people are still using phpBB. Indeed, Tapacrap is just a crippled phpBB (with 90% of the features removed, and the other 10% being sold at extortionate prices).

But, other than my ZB forums that got converted to Tapacrap, I have basically no experience of running a phpBB board.
Its all I ever used, myself. I briefly used some free one in my early days of web design. It was a forum for my site dedicated to my one story. Don't even remember what I used. But other then that used phpBB for years.
 

queenzelda

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2018
Messages
146
Gender
Female
#5
I actually started out on phpbb, then went to zetaboards & eventually mybb. We ended up moving to phpbb since we had hosting issues. Everything's fine now & the plugins are great. ☺
 

Megan

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 19, 2018
Messages
97
Age
33
Gender
Female
#6
I actually started out on phpbb, then went to zetaboards & eventually mybb. We ended up moving to phpbb since we had hosting issues. Everything's fine now & the plugins are great. ☺
I remember back in the day when to add plugins you had to actually modify the code. Love the way they are now!
 

Top