What's new
Nucleus Boards

Hello Guest! Welcome to Nucleus. Right now, you are not logged in or registered with us. If you sign up to our site you gain access to lots of awesome features and become a part of an awesome & growing community. Why not sign up today?

What do you think is 'on top' in terms of gaming hardware?

I think the top console currently is the PlayStation (which pains me as X1 fella) but it just seems to have improved from when I last had a PlayStation really. Especially in terms of titles exclusive for the system. I think PC gaming is still gaining some huge steam but the price of building a high-end machine is still out of reach for some. Bloody great for the modding though, even to this day I sit here playing GTA SA modded and it's fun as when I was playing it normally all those years ago!

What do you think?

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O.
Administrator
I'd say a 1080 or 1070 card minumum would be 'top of the line' or near the top. I have a 1070 8GB GPU in my laptop and it handles pretty much every game I throw at it on high or ultra settings, with good frame rate. :)

Talking about consoles, the One X is the most powerful console, it's even proven to be more powerful than the PS4 Pro, as a consumer, I'd say the PS4 is beating Xbox right now but ever so slightly and they are struggling to keep that lead on Microsoft. Sony not appearing at E3 this year or not holding any conference is somewhat odd and I feel like Microsoft can really leap ahead because of this.

queenzelda

Though I agree that the PS4 is top dog, Nintendo's Switch will gain some traction once Super Smash Brawl Ultimate releases.